Winter League: January-May
Summer League: May-August
Fall League: September-December
- USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey sanctioned
- Team jerseys may be purchased from league (matching jerseys are required)
- Fall and summer teams are guaranteed ten regular games plus playoffs,
- Winter teams 14 regular games plus playoffs
- All games will consist of three 17-minute periods and a 4-minute warm-up
- All fall and winter teams make single elimination, season-ending tournament
- No checking, no slap shots
- Online league standings and statistics
- Full-time league director
- Certified professional officials
- Hat Trick Café on-site for food and beverages
- A - Advanced/elite league - most competitive, skilled level of play offered.
- B - High level of competition. Best fit for teams with recent high school graduates or players with experience at the varsity, juniors, or college level.
- C - Mid level of competition for teams with average overall players.
- CII - Transitional level for weaker C teams, teams that are moving up from D level or for teams with a higher number of less experienced skaters.
- D - Intermediate, recreational - see league rules regarding D league player eligibility.
- DII - For teams with a higher number of players with no competitive experience. Teams may be moved out of the this division at the league's discretion.
For the 2013-2014 season (Player must turn of age within the USA Hockey calendar year September 1, 2013 - August 31, 2014)
- 30+ Open- Birth year 1984 or before
- 40+ Open -Birth year 1974 or before (Goalie can be 35 or older)
- 50+ Open -Birth year 1964 or before (Goalie can be 45 or older)
- 60+ Open -Birth year 1954 or before (Goalie can be 55 or older)
USA Hockey Registration
USA Hockey registration is MANDATORY for all MN Wild Adult League participants. USA Hockey membership is $50 per player payable by credit card at time of registering with USA Hockey. Visit USA Hockey BEFORE your first league game to complete your online registration. Reminder: Print your registration confirmation bar code and bring to your first game. USA Hockey Membership is an annual membership valid September 1 through August 31.
All games are played at the Schwan Super Rink
- 2015 Winter League: $2,655 optional set of jerseys for an additional $205
- 2014 Summer League: $2,055 optional set of jerseys for an additional $205
- 2014 Fall League: $2,055 optional set of jerseys for an additional $205
- Minimum $300 deposit must accompany each team's registration to secure a spot in the league. This deposit is included in the total team fee.
- Teams dropping after the schedules have been posted online will not be refunded the league deposit.
- Full payment is due by the first day of league play.
Evenings of Play
- League skates Sunday-Wednesday evenings year round
- Sunday ice times range from 4 - 10:40 p.m.
- Weekday ice times range from 6:30 - 10:50 p.m.
- Typical league days for summer, fall and winter are:
- Sunday - 40+, C, CII, D, DII
- Monday - B, D, DII, 50+
- Tuesday - C, CII
- Wednesday - A,30+,40+ , 60+
- * Days are subject to change
Individual Players - Finding a team
If you are an individual that is looking for a team, complete the online application to be included in the player pool. This does NOT guarantee team placement. Teams that are looking for additional skaters are first referred to the player pool. Manager contact info will not be given out. Teams in need of skaters will contact you directly on an as needed basis.
Goalie sub list for 2013-2014 season
Goalies are always needed to sub at the last minute. Goalies interested in subbing for teams should register in our goalie sub list. Team managers will have access to this list and will contact you if they need a goalie sub.
Reminder: All players must be USA Hockey registered prior to the start of league play.
Please contact Brandon Koontz, league director, with any inquiries about the MN Wild Adult League.